Connect to the Database
The IEEE/IET Electronic Library is brought to you via the IEEE Xplore® digital library. Featuring content from IEEE as well as the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), IEL contains almost one-third of the world’s current literature in electrical engineering, communications, and computer science.
An IEL subscription provides access to over 3.8 million documents from over 1.6 million authors. Highly-cited, peer-reviewed research that fuels more new patents than any other publisher, including:
- IEEE Society journals, magazines, and transactions (and IEEE Spectrum Magazine and the Proceedings of the IEEE).
- IET journals and magazines
- Proceedings from IEEE and IET annual conferences
- More than 2,800 approved and published IEEE standards in key technology fields: IEEE Redline Versions of Standards, IEEE Standards Dictionary Online
- Complimentary access to VDE conference titles
- Complimentary access to Bell Labs Technical Journal (BLTJ)
- Full-text access to articles accepted for future publication
- Complimentary access to the IEEE & IET backfiles: to the late 1800s for select titles with an active IEL subscription
IEEE enabled IPv6 access on 6 June 2016, any device accessing IEL from an IPv6-formatted IP address that is not registered on your IEEE account will not be able to download content. It is important that your organization’s IEEE Xplore account administrator provides IEEE with a list of IPv6-formatted IP address blocks. IEEE will continue to support IPv4-formatted IP addresses. Your organization’s Xplore administrator can submit IPv6-f via firstname.lastname@example.org.
New product brochures for 2017-18:
Log in to view your usage statistics.
Download usage statistics tip sheet.
IEL is a multi-year license to November 2018
|University of Calgary||IEL, Drafts|
|University of British Columbia & Okanagan||IEL|
|University of Alberta & Augustana||IEL, IBM, JSEE|
|Simon Fraser University & Surrey||IEL|
|University of Manitoba||IEL|
|University of Saskatchewan||IEL & IBM|
|University of Victoria||IEL & IBM|
|University of Regina||IEL|
|Mount Royal University||IEL & IBM|
|University of Lethbridge||IEL|