Cambridge Histories Online brings together over 300 volumes from the renowned Cambridge Histories series. The volumes are grouped into topics, making it quick and easy to search and browse through an array of historical subject areas. The extensive bibliographic referencing and other leading functionality, enhances usability and makes this resource ideal for any type of historical research.
Cambridge Histories Online is also a dynamic resource, being continually updated with new volumes taken from the print series as soon as they become available.
- over 400 volumes published since 1960,
- over 15 different academic subjects
- personalization features including, saved & most recent searches, work spaces and bookmarks
- citation export functionality
- librarian support resources including, COUNTER compliant usage statistics, library branding, MARC records and title lists
- user display control features including, switchable hit term highlighting, pagination of results and the ability to control the number of hits per page
- bibliographic reference functionality; fully referenced content with all references displayed, OpenURL compliant and linked online through CrossRef
Usage statistics are available, and are updated near the start of each month. Log in with your account administrator username and password, then go to the Account Administrator area (within Subscriber Services) and click the Usage Statistics link.
Note that for Cambridge Companions Online, Cambridge Histories Online, and Shakespeare Surveys online, usage statistics for dates prior to November 28, 2012 must be retrieved from http://subs.sams.cup.semcs.net
To retrieve a single report showing usage across all University Publishing Online products, including Cambridge Books Online, Cambridge Companions Online, Cambridge Histories Online, and Shakespeare Survey Online, you can retrieve the reports from the Account Administrator area of http://universitypublishingonline.org
- Athabasca University
- Dalhousie University
- MacEwan University
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Victoria
- University of Manitoba
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- University of Winnipeg
- University of the Fraser Valley
Cambridge Histories Online are available as a one-time purchase with perpetual access rights. An annual maintenance fee is charged to maintain access to purchased content.
A combined annual maintenance fee is charged to maintain access to these products:
- Cambridge Books Online
- Cambridge Histories Online
- Dictionary of Irish Biography
- Econometric Society Monographs
- Shakespeare Survey Online
- University Publishing Online
New content is available for purchase each year. Pricing varies according to the number of titles published during the year.